Positive Strokes Racquet Club (PSRC) is a tennis and social organization for single adults in the Dallas – Fort Worth area. Activities include weekly mixed doubles tennis play, monthly 2ndFriday doubles tournaments, and a variety of social events year-round. PSRC is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization.
PSRC is the largest tennis club for single people in Texas.
Common Questions about PS
- Constitution and By-Laws: PSRC Constitution and By-laws
- What format is the tennis?
The primary emphasis of PSRC is social tennis, so most events are mixed doubles.
- Are reservations necessary to play at an event?
Tuesday Night Play: Guests need not have a reservation but should show up at 6:30 and no later than 6:45. Members should sign up between 6:30 and 7:00.
Mixers: Advance reservations are required.
- Do I need to find a partner to play with PSRC?
No. For most events you can register alone. The coordinator for the event will match you with various partners during the event.
- Do I need to be a member of a tennis club to participate in PSRC events at that club?
No. Our event charges include admission and guest fees at all tennis facilities.
- Who runs the club?
PSRC is a volunteer not-for-profit organization. Our Board of Directors is elected at the club’s annual meeting and serves for a year. Events and social activities are coordinated by volunteers within the club.
- Who may join PSRC?
New membership in PSRC is open to single people..
- What tennis levels are represented in the club?
PSRC adheres to the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) for 3.0 to 5.0 players.
- How much does membership cost?
Annual membership costs $30.
- How much does it cost for a guest to play on Tuesday nights?
Guests pay $6.00.
- Can I come to an PSRC event to see if I want to join?
Yes. Non-members may participate in PSRC events if there is room available.